Saturday, September 11, 2004

 

First Entry

If you're reading this blog in ascending order you should really be starting with The Scripting Guys' First Blog as this is what I did. This is also a great site for getting inside information about scripting at Microsoft. To start this blog off I should introduce myself, my name is Cameron McBride and I work for the Shared Services Group which look after the Northern, Western and Melbourne Health Information Services Department's in Victoria, Australia. I am currently the co-founder of the Melbourne Pocket PC User Group and I host a Technology News Site Itnewslog.com. I started this site to create a repository of all the scripts I have been working on, continue to work on and why. The second reason obviously is to share this information with anyone who is interested in working with scripts to automate tasks at both a home user level (eg. Windows XP) or at a professional level (eg. and Active Directory Service Interfaces and Windows Management Instrumentation). The main reason I like scripting would be that you can sit at the majority of computers on the planet and provided you have the correct access you can accomplish a considerable amount of work with very few lines of code. The other great part is that you require no additional tools then what ships with Windows 2k, 2k3 and XP -- notepad works just fine, and besides it's always good to watch a computer do your work for you ;-)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?